EHS Manager (Manufacturing)
EHS Manager (Manufacturing)
- Lead, Manage and/or coordinate all Environmental permitting and compliance activities for the company
- Develop and implement Environmental standards, guidelines, process and best practices
- Lead, Manage and/or coordinate all Health compliance activities for the company
- Develop and implement Health standards, guidelines, process and best practices
- Lead, Manage and/or coordinate all Safety compliance activities for the company
- Develop and implement Safety standards, guidelines, process and best practices
- Performs and/or coordinates the safety and health monitoring, data collection, analyzing and reporting for the operations department.
- Maintain knowledge of all relevant EHS regulations and laws applicable to the company
- Represent the company as appropriate with government agencies, professional bodies, trade organizations, and the community
- Serve as liaison with corporate operations team to ensure standardization of EHS compliance initiatives. Participate in EHS goal setting, applying a continuous improvement philosophy to all EHS programs and metrics across the appropriate cross-functional teams.
- Directly support environmental, health & safety improvement efforts. Lead on-site auditing of all facilities to ensure all EHS programs have the proper training, procedure writing, air/waste/water permitting, and regulatory compliance.
- Provide support and guidance for action items noted. Support new product requests to ensure compliance with all applicable EHS regulations and company standards; conduct research, engage the appropriate consultants, write policies & procedures, etc.
- Serve as the contact for environmental, health and safety issues for the company.
- Lead, coach and/or participate in RCI’s (Root Cause Investigation) for EHS events and missed compliance tasks. Then lead the implementation of timely correction plans.
- Identify conduct, lead, coordinate and or monitor the training of the appropriate personnel to ensure sustainable EHS compliance.
- Ensures EHS compliance tasks are completed.
- Support business needs and influence business strategies by providing up-to-date information on legislation and technology developments which may impact the company
- Champion and participate in the evaluation of engineering projects proposal, growth opportunities, continuous improvement, production, changes and process changes for EHS
- Identify and manage vendors who can provide EHS services in an efficient manner that is compliant with regulations and limits corporate liability
- Provide EHS direction, facilitation, and support to ensure locations are developing, implementing and sustaining EHS plans, processes, training, programs and standards
- Identify EHS gaps and drive solution implementation
- Monitor and maintain compliance to all EHS regulatory and internal company standards
- Provide active leadership and support to implement EHS initiatives and projects
- Promote an EHS Culture of compliance and commitment through leadership and teamwork
- Participate in developing and implementing sustainable EHS Strategy
- Complete projects as assigned
- Other related duties as instructed by the supervisor
- Minimum of 5 - 10 years applicable experience in EHS Management in a manufacturing industry
- Minimum 2 -3 years of experience with Title V permit
- Demonstrable experience in all three areas of EHS Ability to interact well with upper management and influence decisions
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to troubleshoot problems and identify and implement solutions
- Very organized in scheduling and executing responsibilities and prioritizing in a multitask environment
- Effective team leadership and team building skills with experience in leading cross functional teams
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Computer skills : Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook) Team cooperation - maintain positive, cooperative attitude with all employees of the company and all customers, vendors and regulatory agencies
- Detailed knowledge of training programs, EHS compliance agencies on the US federal and state level.
- Have the understanding and ability to train plant personnel and other cross-functional teams as appropriate.
- Ability to present data in an effective, concise and actionable manner.
- A self-starter able to work alone with limited supervision.
- Physical ability to lift and/or carry minimum of 25 pounds
- 50% in the office, 50% in plant
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Safety Sciences, Environmental, EHS or equivalent degree in other related fields
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) preferred.nt, size, line height, color and more by highlighting part of me and selecting the options from the toolbar.
- Title V permit: 2 years
- EHS Management: 5 years
- manufacturing industry: 5 years